|Internship and Job Opportunities at SIIT - Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane Campus|
As a leading educational provider in its field, Sydney Institute of Interpreting and Translating (SIIT) delivers quality training programs to both overseas and local students. SIIT is now recruiting motivated individuals to join our dynamic team as interns in the following positions at our Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane campuses.
1. POSITION DESCRIPTION
Academic Assistant Intern duties:
1. Assist the SIIT in compliance with Commonwealth, State or Territory legislation and regulatory requirements that are relevant to its operations and its scope of registration.
2. In coordination with the Academic Manager
3. Will edit course materials and participates in assessment validation activity.
4. In coordination with Academic Manager will provide one-on-one student academic counselling or group workshops as required.
5. In coordination with the SIIT Academic Manager is responsible to provide, maintain and update documents required by the SIIT for trainer/assessor personal folder.
6. Make sure that all student assessments are marked according to principles of assessment and rules of evidence.
7. Work as a member of team with strong spirit and cooperation.
8. Be reliable, flexible and fair in all circumstances.
9. Possess good interpersonal skills.
10. Responsible to provide a detailed feedback to students before assessment decision.
11. Need to be confidential and maintain information regarding individual student assessment decisions at all times.
Marketing Assistant Intern Duties:
2. Assist in college marketing collateral.
3. Be able to meet targets in a timely and ethical manner.
4. Develop and implement business and marketing plan.
5. Be customer oriented and result driven.
6. Provide service to inquiries from students and agents in professional manner.
7. Develop and maintain close relationship with all relevant onshore and offshore agents.
8. Assist marketing manager to develop overseas student markets and facilitate overseas student recruitment.
9. Have sophisticated customer / student service skill.
10. Sound and reliable experience in events-planning to facilitate marketing outcome.
11. Proven ability in coordination of marketing events, meetings and trade shows in a professional manner in line with school policies.
12. Attention to details in well-organized and cost-efficiency manner.
13. Assist marketing manager in other marketing activities, tasks and duties when required.
IT Support Intern Duties:
1. Possess a service-based approach with a solution focused mindset to deliver exceptional client experiences.
2. Use high level written and verbal communication skills to interact with stakeholders effectively.
3. Responsible to protect and withhold SIIT trade secrets at all times.
4. Confidential information about the SIIT including, but is not limited, to any information (written or oral) of a commercial, strategic, operational, technical, education or financial type which is not publicly available and more specifically it includes information relating to student performance, teaching and scheduling systems, corporate opportunities, research, financial, sales data, pricing and trading terms, valuations, opinion, interpretations, acquisitions prospects, the identity of customers or their requirements, the identity of key contracts, marketing and merchandising and prospective names and marks.
5. Protect personal information of other staff members, students and or any associates of the SIIT and must not reveal personal information to other parties other than authorised government agencies, with prior approval of the SIIT PEO.
To apply for this position in Brisbane Campus, please forward a covering letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this position in Melbourne Campus, please forward a covering letter and resume to email@example.com. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.