Introduction to CertIV in Information Technology
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who are job ready and competent in a wide range of information and communications technology (ICT) roles and apply a broad range of skills in varied work contexts including networking, programming, backend web development, business analysis, cloud architecture, cloud engineering, using problem solving skills and effective communication with others.
The skills required for these roles may include, but are not restricted to:
- database development: interpreting specifications, technical designs and flow charts, modifying software applications, constructing technical specifications from models and testing, and writing technical documents
- database maintenance: managing, cleaning, storing and verifying organisational data, and evaluating compliance with internal and external data ethics regulations and legislation
- gaming development: creating 2D and 3D modelling and animation software through scripts and storyboards
- networking: installing, configuring and testing networks and servers in organisations
- programming: building, testing and applying basic object-oriented language skills, user interfaces and software developments
- systems administration support: implementing maintenance procedures and support to help troubleshoot system applications
- web development: designing website layouts through textual and visual content transfer, search engine optimisation and simple markup language documents.